Lilley Flood Help


Stay up to date with the Bureau of Meteorology here.

Stay up to date with the Queensland Fire and Emergency Services here.

Check RACQ road closures here.


The Lilley Electorate office is here to help:

Always call 000 in an emergency.

  • Energex - 3664 4000
  • Urban Utilities - 13 23 64
  • Brisbane City Council - 133 263
  • SES - 132 500
  • Lifeline - 131 114

Community Centres

  • Northside Connect - 3260 6820
  • Zillmere Community Centre - 3865 2880
  • SANDBAG - 3869 3244
  • Picabeen - 3354 2555

Local Representatives

  • The Hon Leanne Linard, State Member for Nudgee - 3638 7100
  • The Hon Stirling Hinchliffe, State Member for Sandgate - 3639 9100
  • Jimmy Sullivan, State Member for Stafford - 3554 8100
  • Bart Mellish, State Member for Aspley - 3554 7100
  • Councillor Jared Cassidy, Deagon Ward - 3667 6011
  • Councillor Adam Allan, Northgate Ward - 3403 2210
  • Councillor Fiona Hammond, Marchant Ward - 3407 0707
  • Councillor Tracy Davis, McDowall Ward - 3403 7690


During wet weather events, sandbags can be collected from the Brisbane City Council Zillmere-North Depot at 33 Jennings Street, Zillmere. Click here for more information and locations.


If you've been impacted by the flood disaster you may be entitled to financial assistance.

  • Federal Disaster Recovery Payment - click here if your home has been severely damaged by floodwater or you've sustained injury.
  • Federal Disaster Recovery Allowance - click here if you've lost income as a direct result of the floods.
  • State Government small business support - click here for financial support for small businesses.
  • Brisbane City Council rate relief - click here to apply for rate relief.

The Federal Government hasn't provided a time estimate for how long applications will take to be processed. If you haven't received your payment a week after your application is submitted, please call my office on 3266 8244 so we can follow up for you.

Please call the Lilley electorate office if you need help with federal assistance.


The following information about returning to your property after flooding is from the Insurance Council of Australia. This is not insurance or legal advice. If you have specific questions about your insurance, please contact your insurer directly.

  • Safety is the priority - don’t do anything that puts anyone at risk.
  • Only return to your property when emergency services give the go ahead.
  • If water has entered the property, don't turn on your electricity until it has been inspected by an electrician.
  • Contact your insurance company as soon as possible to lodge a claim and seek guidance on the claims process.
  • Don’t worry if you can’t find your insurance papers. Insurers have electronic records and need only your name and address.
  • Property owners who have sustained roof damage should advise their insurer, your insurer will arrange emergency works to minimise any hazards and prevent further damage. This can include isolating damaged solar panels or electrical circuits and installing a roof tarp.
  • You can start cleaning up but first take pictures or videos of damage to the property and possessions as evidence for your claim.
  • Keep samples of materials and fabrics to show your insurance assessor.
  • Remove water or mud-damaged goods from your property that might pose a health risk, such as saturated carpets and soft furnishings.
  • Make a list of each item damaged and include a detailed description, such as brand, model and serial number if possible.
  • Store damaged or destroyed items somewhere safe.
  • Speak to your insurer before you attempt or authorise any building work, including emergency repairs, and ask for the insurer’s permission in writing. Unauthorised work may not be covered by your policy.
  • Do not throw away goods that could be salvaged or repaired.
  • Do not drive your vehicle if it has suffered water damage. Do not drive in flood water.

If you need urgent financial assistance let your insurer know, they may be able to fast track your claim and make an advance payment within five business days of you demonstrating your urgent financial need. Any advance payment may be deducted from the total value of your claim.

If your claim has been finalised within one month of the catastrophe, your insurer must give you 12 months from the finalisation date to ask for a review of your claim (for instance, if you think the insurer has not accurately assessed your loss), even if you have signed a release.